Here we can see, “How to Fix Can’t Connect Securely to this Page on Microsoft Edge”
Every day, browsers and search engines handle billions of inquiries.
Unable to visit a page in your browser due to outdated or dangerous tls security settings
If the site employs obsolete or insecure tls security settings, choose one of the alternatives listed below.
Follow the steps in this guide to quickly fix security-related browser problems.
Do I need to upgrade my browser?
1. Choose TLS settings
- Type here to search open Cortana’s search bar.
- In the search box, type Internet choices.
- To open the window shown below, select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced.
- Then scroll down and check the SSL and TLS boxes.
- Apply the options by clicking Apply.
- Close the window by clicking OK.
The Can’t connect securely to this page tab suggests TLS settings are at fault. Voilà a hint for the resolution. These TLS parameters have helped some Edge users fix page connect errors.
2. Mix content
- Cortana can open the Internet Properties window.
- Then choose Security.
- Open the window shown in the image below by selecting a Custom level.
- First, choose Medium from the Reset to option.
- Scroll down to the option to display mixed content.
- Select Enable for the Display mixed content radio button.
- Click OK.
Edge will block more pages without Display mixed content. As a result, allowing mixed content may fix the problem. This enables mixed content.
3. Disable third-party antivirus software
- To open Task Manager, press Windows + X and pick it.
- Select the Startup tab to see a list of items.
- Select your anti-virus software and disable it.
- Restart your PC.
- Others reported that removing their antivirus software fixed the Can’t connect securely to this page issue.
- Right-click the antivirus software’s system tray icon and pick disable or turn off from the context menu.
- Alternatively, enter the software’s main window and select the settings tab. Disable antivirus software from Windows 10 startup as described above.
- Options for startup applications are now available in Windows 10. Enter apps in Cortana’s search box to customise startup software.
- Select Apps & Features and then click Start-up to display the Startup app list. Then you can turn off the antivirus software.
4. Update the network drivers
- Incompatible network drivers may potentially cause this problem. Drivers can be manually updated via Windows Settings.
- Open Device Manager, find your Network drivers, right-click and choose Update Driver. Please wait for the process to finish and see whether it continues.
- You can also get drivers from the manufacturer’s website if you know what hardware you have. Be cautious because a bad driver might bring much more issues.
- Dedicated software saves time and ensures that your hardware is always matched with the correct driver version.
- Mismatched drivers might cause serious issues, so be careful.
How can I fix TLS security issues?
It’s simple: Type Internet Options in the Windows search box near the Start button. Open “Internet Options – Control Panel”. Then select Advanced. Check “use TLS 1.2” in the lengthy list.
How do I adjust Microsoft Edge’s security?
How to control privacy in Microsoft Edge. Select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy, search, and services to alter your tracking prevention level, remove browsing data, and more.
How can I repair Edge’s TLS?
- Type Internet options in the Windows menu search box.
- Then select Internet Options.
- Scroll down to the Security area in Internet Properties’ Advanced tab.
- Opt-in to User TLS 1.2
- Close and restart Microsoft Edge.
Why can’t I secure connect to this page?
Try to open a needed page, and a Can’t connect tab securely appears. The site may be using obsolete or insecure TLS security settings, the tab states. If it happens again, contact the website’s owner.”
Why isn’t my site connection secure?
The “Not Secure” notice appears because the viewing website does not provide an encrypted connection. You can also manually replace HTTP with HTTPS in the URL, as some sites only partially support HTTPS.