Here we can see “How to Make Your Android Unique: Custom Launchers”
Android may be a very versatile mobile OS, and its fans can often tell rival smartphone supporters exactly that at any chance they get. You’ll have heard repeatedly about how great Android customization is and the way personalized you’ll make your own experience, but tons of it doesn’t come pre-installed.
In this article, which is a component of a series of topics associated with ‘how to form your Android unique,’ we’re getting to be talking about custom launchers. Nowadays, custom launchers perhaps add the most significant amount of customization for novice Android users unwilling to find out the ins and outs of rooting, installing ROMs, and everyone that complicated stuff.
What is a Custom Launcher?
In Android terminology, the homescreen is mentioned because of the Launcher. From the Launcher, users can launch apps, view their settings, display widgets, and do more. Although the iOS home screen has made some great improvements over the years, especially with iOS 10, Android still offers much more utility straight from the most screen.
As you’ll imagine, a custom launcher may be a customized version of the Android homescreen. Custom launchers are often downloaded and installed from the Google Play Store a bit like the other application. Some custom launchers offer an easier, minimal interface, while others offer feature-rich utility-powered widget powerhouses, and there are many different launchers to suit the gaps in between.
Let us show you an example. Below, Smart Launcher 3 are often seen – this Launcher is considered one of the simplest simple launchers. During this article, however, we’d wish to offer you a greater sort of personalized Launcher with the assistance of an app called Themer.
How to Make Your Android Unique With Themer
Themer is an application that is a directory for thousands of community-made launchers. With the faucet of a button, a replacement launcher are often downloaded and found out. the quantity of choice available on the Themer app makes it far and away from the simplest place for custom launchers on the web.
Not only do Themer’s range of custom launchers offer a good sort of individual usage purposes, but all of them look incredibly stylish too. So if you care about the looks of your smartphone UI, then you’re sure to find something on Themer that appears neat, provides great functionality, and works effortlessly.
And if you get bored of your current setup, you’ll quickly head into the Themer application to settle on another launcher at any time. There’s such a lot of choice available that it’s unlikely you’ll ever run out of themes you wouldn’t wish to try your homescreen.
How to Use Them
- When you first install and open Themer from the Google Play Store, you’ll already be presented with a replacement launcher. The default launcher from Themer is fairly decent, but there’s plenty more to be found within the app.
- First off, Themer will guide you thru the way to setup the app as your default launcher. This may be fairly straightforward. A prompt will appear on your screen during the first setup. Confirm to pick Launcher, then tap the OK button after selecting ‘Use as the default app.’ this may now make sure that whenever you tap the mouse button, you’ll be directed to the Themer launcher.
- Next, tap the ‘Themes’ option within the bottom right of the screen. This may then open up a page that displays a directory of themes. From here, you’ll search through different categories, view the present hottest themes, newest themes, or view your download theme history and saved favorites.
- As you’ll see, there’s an enormous selection of various themes available, and surprisingly, the bulk of them look spectacular.
- Once you’ve got downloaded and installed one among the available themes, Themer will take you thru a fast setup so that you’ll assign your favorite applications to the various icons on the screen. Of course, you must get this step right – if you don’t, you’ll get to install the theme again.
- Once you get to grips with Themer, you’ll want to go to the settings menu for further customization by double-tapping the house screen.
- Here may be a view of the settings menu – from here, you’ll add even further customization to your themes. We might recommend tapping the app preferences page if you’d ever wish to change your favorite apps.
- If you don’t just like the Themer app, head to the settings menu again, scroll to rock bottom and tap Use Old Homescreen.
- Unique and customizable android launchers
Horizontal/landscape mode – not many support it, and if they do it’s just stretching out the screen. · Bar with favourite apps (customizable location).
- [TUTORIAL] Part one of my Theming Guide: Launchers
[Part 2: Icons and Wallpapers ] ( ) Launchers So what do launchers have to do … Their own custom app drawer – sometimes subtle edits to stock android, …
- What are some truly unique Android launchers
Do you know of any unique launchers similar to the one I mentioned above, or maybe a completely different launcher that makes a phone truly unique and work …
- I’ve written an article on how to create a custom android
I’ve written an article seeing the lack of guides on how to create a simple home screen replacement for android devices.
- Who still uses a launcher?: Android – Reddit
I can’t stand going sideways on the app drawers. LG and Samsung both want to make me do that. That’s why I’m always using either Nova or Microsoft launcher.