What can I use instead of chopped tomatoes?
There are fresh or sun-dried tomatoes, tomato sauce or paste, ketchup, roasted red bell peppers, pumpkin puree, carrots, and other vegetables to substitute a can of tomatoes. But it is fresh tomato and tomato sauce that comes closest to taste and texture when used in different recipes.
What can I use instead of diced canned tomatoes?
Fresh Tomatoes Substitute two cups of chopped tomatoes, for every 14.5-oz. can of diced tomatoes that your recipe calls for. Since canned diced tomatoes include both tomatoes and their juices, retain the juice that seeps out of your tomatoes, while you’re chopping them, and include it in your measurement.
Can I use diced instead of chopped tomatoes?
Can Diced Tomatoes Be Used Instead of Crushed Tomatoes? Yep! You’ll need to cook them for slightly longer to break the chunks down and thicken your sauce out, but they’re a great substitute for crushed tomatoes.
What can I substitute for chopped tomatoes?
Substituting Crushed Tomatoes The 5 Best Options
- Fresh Tomatoes. Can you guess what crushed tomatoes are made from?
- Tomato Paste. Tomato paste is nice and thick and while it’s thicker than what you typically expect of crushed tomatoes, it makes a suitable substitute.
- Diced Tomatoes.
- Tomato Sauce + Tomato Paste.
Easy Substitutes for Crushed Tomatoes
- Use Fresh Tomatoes. Crushed tomatoes are typically made with peeled, seeded, and crushed Roma tomatoes.
- Use Tomato Paste.
- Use Diced Tomatoes.
- Use Marinara or Pasta Sauce.